Saturday, December 6, 2008

Arrrggghh....

So, as I said, I'm new to the blogger thing. As I understand it, these things are like, online journal entries where you can talk about stuff. Well, I'm going to talk about blogging and the technical mumbo jumbo that seems to be involved.

I am aggravated. I just tried to sign in. Google wouldn't recognize my password, so it forced me to go through this dumb process where you have to look at and retype letters that looked like they went through a taffy machine. My flippin eyesight is getting worse as I get older, so asking me to do this is just mean...I think of it as age descrimination. Hah!

I just finished writing that last paragraph and realize that I sound like an old geezer...I'm not even forty yet. I need to stop complaining. So let me adjust my support hose and my bifocals and I'll stop complaining.

This post will probably be short. I'll add more later when I'm at work, but for now it will probably be short. I think I'm just excited to be a "blogger" and am kind of poking the idea with a stick. Truth be told, I have started other blogs before...and forgotten about them. I just remembered that I started one on MySpace a while back. Never added more than a post or two.

Let's hope that this will be different. A new committment let's say. Maybe my desire to write will actually force this to develop into something...or not. We'll take this ride together, shall we. Fasten your seatbelt, but pull out a good book to refer to from time to time while you wait for me to post. I'm not sure how often I will post. I will blog without obligation as I have seen on another site recently. Some of what I write (probably more than some if the truth be told) will be crap, but hopefully I will develop some nuggets that are worth reading. Thanks in advance if you take the ride with me and work your way through the crappy posts to get to the good ones.

I was poking around at my friend Chris' blog. She has a good blog. Check it out: http://www.amusings.net/clg/index.html . She writes about her life and her family. She is a loving mom and an interesting writer. Very descriptive and bohemian in her prose. I love her ability to say what she thinks without worrying too much about how it sounds. I suppose she doesn't have to worry anyway...she is a kind person who has a nice way of looking at life. Don't get me wrong, she is very honest about what she sees in her life, but she doesn't use her blog like a bludgeoning hammer the way I am tempted to.

Another very interesting blog belongs to a guy named Kevin. His blog is: http://blog.kevingibbons.com . I took a peek at his blog last night for the first time and he has some cool stuff posted there. I think one of the coolest things about Kevin is his title for work...I know, there are many cool things about Kevin, but I just have to say that there aren't many who can put on their resume that they are Groove Escalation Engineers. It sounds so cool. So happening. So techno-bohemian. I love it.

There's that word again: bohemian. I keep using that word. I do not think that word means what I think it means...I wonder what Webster's has to say about it. We'll look at that later. Pizza has arrived and I should hang with the fam before work. But think about that word...bohemian...while I'm eating. And look it up. I will too.

No comments: