Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Will Post More Later...But for Now I Sleep...

Hey all. Just a quick note. I am not sure what the next few days will bring as pertains to blogging, but I will not worry as I am blogging for myself, right? You are all along for the ride. I will have more to say later, but I really must be brief as I must sleep. Tomorrow night promises to be late as we have wrapped NOTHING, that's right, NOTHING and it is two days before Christmas. Unbelieveable.

This will probably mean the usual all-night wrapping session that my husband and I partake of annually. We always promise that we will not do it yet again, but in the end, here we are.

So, forgive me, but I am going to love and leave you here. I will give you my five things that I am grateful for though.

1.) I am grateful for the reminder of what Christmas is all about as I read my friend Chris' blog. She wrote a very moving entry about her favorite Christmas hym, O Little Town of Bethlehem. I won't try to convey everything here, just go read it if you are interested. She is a fantastic writer and someone that lives her faith. I have referred to her blog in earlier posts, but if you are interested in what has moved me so, check out: http://www.amusings.net/clg/december2008/122108.htm . Trying to wrap and give gifts can sometimes push you close to forgetting what this season is supposed to be about. The wonderful gift that we received from God. Whether you are Christian or not, you have to admit that is very wrapped up (no pun intended) in what this season is supposed to be about.

2.) I am grateful for the warm bed I have. I have a nice bed, queen size, nice mattress and box spring from Jordan's Furniture, and a nice electric blanket.

3.) I have a wonderful husband who does what he can to take care of those he loves. I wish I took as good care of him.

4.) I am grateful for such wonderful children who can be so deeply kind and considerate at times. Even if they throw my freshly washed and folded laundry around.

5.) I am grateful for REALLY good neighbors. It matters. Really.

Well, in the interest of being bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow, I am signing off. This has been a rather rushed post and I haven't said all that I want to, but I am forcing myself to go while I still have a chance to get some decent sleep.

No comments: